1. Snow White and the Seven Dwarves: This Disney movie was released in 1937. It is one of the many princess film classics and was the first full-length animated feature from Disney Studios. This Disney classic is about a young princess, Snow White, and how she is hiding in the forest from her stepmother, the queen, with the seven dwarves.
2. Cinderella: As a kid, I used to watch this movie a lot and I still watch this movie today. Cinderella was created in 1950. The success of this Disney classic helped Walt Disney Productions reverse fortunes after a couple of humiliating box office disasters. This movie is about a young girl was was oppressed by her stepmother and stepsisters after her father had died. Regardless of such as sad plotline, this movie gives every young girl hope.
3. Frozen: Frozen has become such a favorite among young kids today. It was released in 2013 and is the 53rd animated feature in the Walt Disney Animated Classic series. This movie is about the love between two sisters and how nothing can stand in its way.
4. Aladdin: This is my ultimate favourite Disney movie of all time! It was released in 1992. Aladdin is about impossible love and how society views it! Jasmine and Aladdin’s love was not about the money, it was about something more!
5. Beauty and the Beast: Released in 1991, Beauty and the Beast’s was a huge hit when it came out more than 20 years ago and when it was re-released in 2002. This love story is about how looks are not everything and how true love can defy anything.
6. Sleeping Beauty: The cartoon was released in 1959. It is about a princess that was casted with an evil spell and then the prince saved her life because he fought evil. It is considered a classical princess movie that talks about evil and what evil can lead to. Plus, it talk about love and how love can save a person.
7. Brave: It was released in 2012 and it about a girl who casted a spell on her mother to let her change her mind about her marriage, but this spell turned her mother into a bear. Throughout the movie, the mom understood that is not all about pride, but life can be lived as simple as possible.
9. Tangled: The movie was released in 2010 and it is considered one of the most expensive movie that was ever made. The story is about a girl with magic and long hair, but she is lost and she uses her hair in everything.She relied on everything, but her self. That is a moral lesson “rely on yourself.”
10. The Little Mermaid: The cartoon was released in 1989 and it is about a girl, Ariel,who hopes to enter the human world, but went through several obstacles to do so. That shows that one should accept the life they are living. One should not overthink their life, they should live it the way it is.
By: Manal Ahmed and Nour Fahmy