For us, High School has been the toughest out of anything we’ve faced in our entire lives and, let’s face it, we all have to take a break every once in a while to watch our favorite shows. I’ve been doing this for four years, now, and my only advice for you is to watch these five shows as soon as possible (while of course maintaining a balanced school life). I mean it when I say this: I’d watch them over and over again with every single one of you if I could.
- The Office: This show is easily the sitcom that made me laugh the most at any given circumstance throughout my last 12 years of studying, and that is taking into account Friends, Seinfeld, you name it. It doesn’t require much focus and won’t drag you away from your studies, hence why I recommend this show especially.
- The Walking Dead: Assuming you haven’t watched this 8 season thriller yet, I would definitely recommend that you start as soon as possible, because it’ll keep you busy for years to months if not years without a doubt. I too thought it was a dumb show about slaughtering zombies and nothing more before watching it, but trust me there’s much more to the story that you won’t regret seeing.
- Rick and Morty: Like The Office, this show is one that you can watch without constantly being dragged away from studies, or binge watch in that sense. It is, however, one that will not only make you roll on the floor laughing, but also question your sense of humor in a way that will also enjoy doing so. This is hands down the funniest show I’ve watched to date. A must watch.
- Stranger Things: This show is the perfect mix between drama, comedy, and thriller. All of the different genres blend perfectly to make a show that’s only two seasons long to date and at the same time extremely captivating the whole way through. If you don’t start looking up YouTube videos and commentaries about it after watching the show, there’s something wrong with you.
- Westworld: I’m going to try to put this in a way that doesn’t give away many spoilers. Westworld is pure genius. Every event in the show is orchestrated perfectly so that in the end, everything adds up in the most astonishing and clever way that I’ve ever seen not only in a TV show, but also in any movie that I’ve ever come across. Interstellar, the Prestige, Fight Club – all of it. All I have to say is: don’t get the wrong idea early on because one episode later, you’ll find yourself flooded by plot twists and much, much more.
By: Ahmed Abdellatif