Cinnamon Roll Mug Cake
Who doesn’t love cinnamon rolls? Imagine having it at your hands in under three minutes!
Yield: 1 Mug Cake
- 2 Tbsp applesauce
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp buttermilk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp packed light-brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp (scant) salt
- 1 Recipe Cream Cheese Icing, recipe follows
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1 Tbsp Cream Cheese or Neufchatel Cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp milk
Prepare Cream Cheese Icing according to directions listed, set aside. Combine all ingredients (minus Cream Cheese Icing) in a mug then whisk together with a fork until combine and nearly smooth. Microwave mixture on high power for 1 minute then check cake for doneness. If it is not fully cooked microwave for an additional 15 seconds. Serve warm topped with Cream Cheese Icing.
Cream Cheese Icing
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk with a fork until smooth.
2-Minute French Toast in A Cup
Here is one food in a mug that might actually be yummier than the real thing. French Toast in a cup is fast, simple, and satisfies that craving for sweet, starchy deliciousness. And you can make it in two minutes!
2-Minute French Toast in a Cup Recipe
Instructions and Ingredients:
- Cube your bread.
- Get your cup or cups ready. Butter the inside, either rub a pat of butter around, or you can melt the butter in a microwave and slosh it around. Up to you.
- Place the bread in the cup of your choosing. About a slice or a slice and a half will do it. Smush it down a bit but don’t compact it so much cause you need the liquid to be able to work it’s way in.
- In a separate cup do the following:
- crack and egg into it
- add 3 tablespoons of milk
- add cinnamon
- if you like your French toast really sweet or vanilla-y, add a single drop of vanilla extract
- Mix it all together with a fork.
- Pour the mixture into your cup/cups. Smush it and give it a minute to soak down into the bread.
- Now put your cup in the microwave. Start with one minute, then add ten seconds at a time until it’s cooked to your liking.
- Add syrup. Obviously you have to have syrup. Or whipped cream. But really, syrup.
Finally, eat and repeat!
By: Nadeen Soliman